Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Love of God

Romans 8:35-39 -" Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.' No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."


Are there more comforting words than this? Right now, for me... no. These words, from God Himself to us brings me such comfort.


Today is a new day and I see things very differently than yesterday. I am thankful for that.


I am choosing to see myself as God sees me.



No, I am not perfect and yes, I make mistakes.

I am learning from those mistakes and growing every day.

But, His love for me is so strong, so constant, and so tender... it brings tears to my eyes.

That love is so powerful and so strong that He does not allow ANY circumstances in our lives to get in the way of it.



And, it is that love that makes us "more than conquerors" to life's challenges. Have you thought about what that means? It is one thing to be a "conqueror". That, in and of itself is pretty cool! A conqueror has victory and overcomes. So, what does it mean to be MORE than that?


It means that we not only have victory and overcome, but that we do so with the God of the universe pouring his love out to us every single minute of every day, healing our wounded hearts and feeding our hungry souls. He is giving us the grace to fully and completely overcome and to move forward in His grace into what He has next for us in our lives.


I am choosing to see myself today as more than a conqueror! I am His child and am loved beyond measure by the King of Kings. He is with me every step of the way, as I walk a path I don't understand and didn't choose. He is looking out for me, guiding me, and protecting me. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment