Thursday, June 3, 2010

Listening to my Body


My body is forcing me to stop and to rest whether I like it or not.
I suppose all the emotional stress was bound to catch up with me sooner or later.
I can't fight it.
I am sick and it is what it is.
And that is o.k.
Because it is forcing me to remember to take care of me. I let that slide. No wonder I have been struggling.
This journey is about me. Why do I keep forgetting that? I guess it is because I have spent most of my life taking care of others.
So being sick is forcing me back on track, to focusing on me.
That means I can even be grateful for it.
I can view this as a gift.
I am just surrendering into it. I can't control it, I can't fix it. I can only choose to take care of myself and let this run its course.
I am going to be o.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment